Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I want to try this out when I try the Thai Coconut Soup (which I'll post a little later).
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 236.59 ml finely shredded cabbage
- 59.14 ml finely shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 7.39 ml oyster sauce
- 9.85 ml grated fresh gingerroot
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml chili sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
- 12 spring roll wrappers, 7 inch square
- 19.71 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place pork in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pork, cabbage, carrot, green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and chile sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the pork mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers.
- Roll wrappers around the mixture, folding edges inward to close.
- Moisten fingers in the cornstarch and water mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal.
- Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a medium baking sheet.
- Brush with vegetable oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
- For crispier spring rolls, turn after 10 minutes.
These were a big hit! Who would have thought that baking eggrolls would turn out so well? I may try the technique with other fillings. I DO think that turning them halfway thru is critical, the bottom may brown too much otherwise. I did not brush with oil but sprayed with PAM instead. That seemed to do the trick. I substituted ground turkey for the pork... which worked perfectly. Reduced the ginger and omitted the chili sauce due to family preferences. I didn't have sesame oil so I omitted it but will be sure to add it next time. Also I think it could stand more cabbage than called for. The only thing is that I think it should say 2 Tbs of mixture. I doubled the recipe, used 2+Tbs and it would have made 24 if I had enough wrappers. Also... you're honored with my first photo upload. I noticed that there wasn't one so I tried my hand at taking a pic. :o)