Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy one dish Italian meal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages, cut into 2-inch lengths (sweet)
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 green)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh peeled tomatoes, chopped (or canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, cubed (or provolone)
- 1⁄3 cup oregano (freshly chopped Italian)
- crusty Italian bread
- Put all the ingredients from the sausages up to and including the potatoes into an oiled baking dish or pan. Season well with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Turn the oven to 350ºF and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, pecorino or provolone, and oregano, stir, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread.
Wow, what a great recipe! Tonnes of flavour and colour - the cheese was a great little twist, I'm like "cheese in a casserole, no way!" but it was a fantastic addition. Easy (Must say though, I think Italian pork sausages are somethng different here in Australia since they were raw and darned hard to cut!) and bursting with flavour, perfect when it starts to get cold outside. Outstanding dish!