Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Good southern baked dish that is kid and stomach friendly. My GrannyN would fix this quite often in the winter months and served turnip greens or collards as a side with a cake of cornbread. My DH thinks it's too bland, but for those of us who can't eat tomatoes and spicy hot foods everyday it's just fine. The recipe below is for two but can easily be doubled.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Add bouillon cubes and bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and set aside to allow to cool.
- Layer potatoes in casserole dish.
- Layer onion slices on top of potatoes.
- Place pork chops on top of onions.
- Remove bay leaf from broth then whisk flour in chicken broth.
- Pour over pork chops and potatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for one hour and thirty minutes.