Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
Found this recipe on the internet but cannot recall what site, sorry.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless French bread
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated, about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sage (dried and rubbed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 pork loin chops (each about 1 inch thick, bone-in center-cut or I used boneless)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
- orange wedge (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in pie dish. Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Place flour on plate; season generously with salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour; shake off excess. Dip chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet with pork to oven. Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 150°F, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and orange wedges, if desired, and serve.