Recipe by jenpalombi
This is a quick pork recipe that I throw together fairly regularly because it's easy, requires few ingredients and is a big hit with the kids.
Top Review by GaylaV
Easy week night meal. The flavour is very nice. I did add the onions to the skillet after removing the pork, just until they took on a little colour. Don't skimp on the onions, they are so good. I will be making this again. This was made for ZWT 2009. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pound the chops thin with a meat tenderizer.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and brown the chops lightly on each side.
- Move the chops to a shallow baking dish. Scatter the sliced onions over the chops, sprinkle with brown sugar and pour the chili sauce over all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes (or until done, depending on the thickness of your chops). I usually flip them midway through so that they cook evenly in the sauce on both sides.
- Smother chops with onions and sauce and serve.