Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My own creation after experimenting with different apple pork recipes.
Make and share this Baked Pork Chops With Cinnamon Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 center cut pork boneless pork chops
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Lay pork chops on a baking sheet, lightly coat with olive oil, then thyme, and sea salt and pepper to your liking. Rub the seasonings into the meat and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, water and apples. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine the flour with a tablespoon of cold water to dissolve. Add flour mixture to the apples and return to a boil for 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. If the mixture becomes too thick, you can add more water, and likewise, if it's too thin, you can add more flour-water.
- Place porkchops in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Top the chops with the apples and return to baking for another 10 minutes.
- This is great with steamed green beans, and is a healthy alternative to other apple pork dishes.
This was delicious. The pork was moist and tender and had a great flavor! Thanks!
My family loved this recipe. It was very good and very easy to make. I did make a small change, instead of 1 cup of water I did half water and half apple cider. Delcious! Thanks Dawn