Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish actually "tastes" like autumn! It is from a local newspaper.
Make and share this Baked Pork Chops With Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Sear pork chops, 2 minutes per side. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange apple slices in the bottom of a prepared 9x12 baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter.
- Top apples with seared pork chops. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cranberry juice over all and cover.
- Bake for 1 hour (or until tender). Make sure pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
This is a great recipe and like they say, it taste like autumn. I have made this recipe for years and was going to post it today but realize it was already on here. My picky eater son will eat 2 pork chops baked like this and I always try to have it for company in the fall and winter because your house just smells wonderful while it is baking. I even make this dish in our RV while on vacation and camping, you can make friends very fast at a campground when this is in the oven or baking in a dutch oven over the fire. Enjoy! PS. Double the apples because the cook will not get any if you don't.
My family absolutely loved this recipe. I really DOES taste like autumn!