Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very tasty and easy dinner in less than an hour. I found this in a Southern Living cookbook and thought it was worth passing on. I served this with Uncle Ben's Garlic and Butter rice and a vegetable.
- 6 boneless pork chops (each 1/2 inch-thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Mix milk and mustard; dip chops into mixture and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place chops on rack in a broiler pan; bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Melt 1 Tbsp butter in small saucepan over med-high heat; add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, wine/broth and cheese; reduce heat and simmer (no boil) for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in 3 Tbsp of butter until melted.
- Pour over chops and serve.
Five stars for this sauce! I served it over breaded and pan fried chicken cutlets and egg noodles and it was fantastic. The wine and the garlic really made the sauce stand out and I’ll be using it often. I’m not adding stars to this review because I didn’t prepare the whole recipe, but I plan to the next time I’m in the mood for pork chops because they sound yummy. Thanks for sharing this great sauce!
SO GOOD! The funny thing is is my hubby didnt know the sauce was for this, so the first few bites he had without, and he was loving it, and then he had the sauce after I mentioned that it went with the pork, he told me I needed to try it without as well. It is superb both ways, and I will be making this again! Thanks Tara!
This sauce is absolutely amazing!! I have used it on chicken as well as pork. It's creamy and rich, and just a delightful taste experience. Thank you so much for this recipe!