Recipe by PSparx
I make this recipe on cold nights...the gravy is SOOOO good!! I serve it with whipped potatoes and I practically have my family licking the plate.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
I have been making this recipe for almost 40 years, the only difference being that I add sliced potatoes to the soup and pork chop mixture and the potatoes cook along with the chops, absorbing the onion flavour. With the sour cream gravy it is almost a one pot meal.
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown chops and move to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Leave 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Add to pan the flour and onion soup mix. Blend in water. Pour over chops in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Remove chops from pan to serving dish and then add in the sour cream to the liquid in the pan to make gravy.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with potatoes or noodles.