1 hr 15 mins
Audrey M's Note:
A delicious way to serve ordinary pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 pork loin chops, broiled until rare
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, plus
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched,peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 packet instant chicken broth, and seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet that is stove top and oven proof, add onion, celery, and garlic and saute until translucent.
- 3Add pork chops, mushrooms, wine basil, salt, and pepper and bring liquid to a boil.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in 1 cup water, the tomatoes and both mix. Can add another 1/2 cup if it appears to have not enough broth for you.
- 6Have it come to a boil once again.
- 7Remove skillet from heat and cover.
- 8Place skillet in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 9In a small mixing bowl, combine 4 Tablespoons of water with the 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- 10Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 11Stir cornstarch into liquid and bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens.
- 12Serve with sprinkled parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pork Chops in a Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 365.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant chicken broth