Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious way to serve ordinary pork chops.
Make and share this Baked Pork Chops in a Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 4 pork loin chops, broiled until rare
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, plus
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched,peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 packet instant chicken broth, and seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet that is stove top and oven proof, add onion, celery, and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add pork chops, mushrooms, wine basil, salt, and pepper and bring liquid to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup water, the tomatoes and both mix. Can add another 1/2 cup if it appears to have not enough broth for you.
- Have it come to a boil once again.
- Remove skillet from heat and cover.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 4 Tablespoons of water with the 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch into liquid and bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley.