Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my idea of comfort food! This recipe was given to me by my mom. (I'm not sure where she got it from!) Sometimes I use chicken instead of pork, and it's still good!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom of a non-stick pan with a small piece of pork fat from one of the chops.
- Brown chops on both sides over medium heat.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole. (I use an 8x8 inch square pan.).
- Mix together bread cubes, onion, butter, 2T. water and poultry seasoning. Spread over the pork chops.
- In a bowl, mix the soup and 1/3 cup of water together & pour over the chops and stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until the chops are tender.
- *You can also use Cream of celery or Golden Mushroom soup instead of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- *This recipe can also be prepared up to one day ahead and then refrigerate until ready to bake.