Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my idea of comfort food! This recipe was given to me by my mom. (I'm not sure where she got it from!) Sometimes I use chicken instead of pork, and it's still good!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom of a non-stick pan with a small piece of pork fat from one of the chops.
- Brown chops on both sides over medium heat.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole. (I use an 8x8 inch square pan.).
- Mix together bread cubes, onion, butter, 2T. water and poultry seasoning. Spread over the pork chops.
- In a bowl, mix the soup and 1/3 cup of water together & pour over the chops and stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until the chops are tender.
- *You can also use Cream of celery or Golden Mushroom soup instead of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- *This recipe can also be prepared up to one day ahead and then refrigerate until ready to bake.
Good meal and easy to make. My DW really liked this. The only changes that I made was to season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before browning them and I added a 6.5oz can of mushroom ends and pieces because we like them. I baked them for exactly 1hr. and the texture was good and the taste wonderful. Thanks for the recipe Shelly. GemBob
My mom made this frequently when I was growing up. Back then I didn't like the chops but loved the stuffing, now I enjoy them both.
The taste was there but the texture wasn't. The stuffing was too wet with only a bit of crunch.