Recipe by shoppond
A recipe from my aunt, this has become a family favorite.
Top Review by Irmgard
This dish is amazing and I loved the fact that it was made with things that I normally have on hand in the pantry. I especially loved the subtle flavours of butter and cinnamon in the rice. The only change I made was to substitute dried cranberries for the raisins, as I am not a big raisin fan. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
- 6 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tart apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil.
- Mix brown sugar and flour in a small saucepan.
- Add raisins, broth and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat 2 minutes.
- Arrange apple slices on pork chops; pour sauce over pork chops and apples.
- Cover and bake 350° for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Combine all ingredients for rice in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.