Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom got this off TV years ago-you will never have more tender chops!
Make and share this Baked Pork Chops and Sauerkraut recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chops with salt and pepper-brown in 1 tbs. butter. Place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt remaining tbs. butter-lightly brown diced apple-sprinkle over chops.
- Cover chops and apple with undrained sauerkraut.
- Separate onion into rings-sprinkle over kraut.
- Sprinkle on caraway seeds.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar.
- Pour onion soup over all.
- Cover with foil-bake for 1 hour.
You are so right! The pork chops were very tender. We loved the flavor of sweet and tangy, it was easy to put together and not too many calories. I did lightly brown the slice onions, too and used one tsp of olive oil instead of the butter. I only had chicken broth and poured in 8 oz of that and it was a little juicy for us. Next time I make it I won't put any extra liquid as the canned sauerkraut has plenty. I served this with mashed potatoes and green beans and it made a great meal. Thanks! Carole in Orlando
Terrible way to start the New Year. Very dry pork chops! Please don't make these! I repeat DON"T MAKE THESE!