Recipe by cmirish
My mom got this off TV years ago-you will never have more tender chops!
Top Review by carole in orlando
You are so right! The pork chops were very tender. We loved the flavor of sweet and tangy, it was easy to put together and not too many calories. I did lightly brown the slice onions, too and used one tsp of olive oil instead of the butter. I only had chicken broth and poured in 8 oz of that and it was a little juicy for us. Next time I make it I won't put any extra liquid as the canned sauerkraut has plenty. I served this with mashed potatoes and green beans and it made a great meal. Thanks! Carole in Orlando
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chops with salt and pepper-brown in 1 tbs. butter. Place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt remaining tbs. butter-lightly brown diced apple-sprinkle over chops.
- Cover chops and apple with undrained sauerkraut.
- Separate onion into rings-sprinkle over kraut.
- Sprinkle on caraway seeds.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar.
- Pour onion soup over all.
- Cover with foil-bake for 1 hour.