Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom got this off TV years ago-you will never have more tender chops!
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chops with salt and pepper-brown in 1 tbs. butter. Place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt remaining tbs. butter-lightly brown diced apple-sprinkle over chops.
- Cover chops and apple with undrained sauerkraut.
- Separate onion into rings-sprinkle over kraut.
- Sprinkle on caraway seeds.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar.
- Pour onion soup over all.
- Cover with foil-bake for 1 hour.
You are so right! The pork chops were very tender. We loved the flavor of sweet and tangy, it was easy to put together and not too many calories. I did lightly brown the slice onions, too and used one tsp of olive oil instead of the butter. I only had chicken broth and poured in 8 oz of that and it was a little juicy for us. Next time I make it I won't put any extra liquid as the canned sauerkraut has plenty. I served this with mashed potatoes and green beans and it made a great meal. Thanks! Carole in Orlando
Terrible way to start the New Year. Very dry pork chops! Please don't make these! I repeat DON"T MAKE THESE!