Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 8 pork chops, center cut
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 can mushroom
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 1⁄2 cans water, soup cans
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Season meat, saute in oil until well browned.
- Combine rice, mushrooms, consomme and water; place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Place a slice of pepper, onion and tomato on top of each chop.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
These were absolutely delicious! I cut the meat down to half as I was only cooking for four, but used the full recipe for everything else. Even my non-Pork eating daughter ate the rice (she grumbled before hand that it wasn't going to be plain rice). My husband raved about how good this was, and I just had to agree. My third daughter stopped in while we were eating and she had to have some too! This is definitely a keeper. It was quick to put together. The chops were moist and melt in your mouth tender! Thanks for sharing, Dancer^!
This was good...my new favorite.
I prepared the pork chops using #45940 (mustard and garlic powder). The meat had a wonderful flavor. I doubled the rice because my boys eat alot. A great recipe.