Cook1 hr 30 mins
I found this in a pamphlet from the orchard (about Maryland apple orchards) a few years ago when we were picking apples. It is one of the tastiest things I have ever made!
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in the butter.
- Grease (or spray) a large baking dish.
- Put the apple slices in the bottom of the dish.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the apples.
- Place the pork chops on top of the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
Just made this for the first time. Took the advise of others and seasoned chops with garlic salt, pepper and dried rosemary. I used thick boneless pork chops and cooked for the 1 1/2 hours and it was awesome!!! Best pork chops I have ever had and husband loved them too! Served them with cheddar au gratin potatoes and the meal was a hit!
We added apple juice to the casserole dish as another reviewer suggested and baked for a total of 45 minutes for two butterflied pork chops. Everyone in our family loved it!
EXCELLENT!! Not only does it taste amazing but my house smells wonderful too (always a bonus!). I added 1/4 cup apple juice at the bottom of the baking dish rather then greasing it. I also seasoned the pork chops with seasoned salt & rosemary prior to searing. I had very very thick chops so I cut them in half they were probably 1/2" thick. Cooked @ 350 for 40 minutes and they were a little dry, think I'll drop it down to 30. Can't wait until fall to pick fresh apples.