Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and pat dry the loin chops.
- Set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Coat the pork loin chops with olive oil and coat with the dry mixture.
- Bake at 350* for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake till golden brown.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- They will be tough.
I had slightly less breadcrumbs than called for so I added slightly more parmesan cheese (it was the canned kind, so it had added starch and a breadcrumb texture). I used regular dried oregano rather than ground. I also measured 1/4 c. oil because I didn't want to waste more if it wasn't necessary. I didn't even use that, so I would reduce it from the 1/2 c. again next time. I thought the flavor was really good, but even though I baked the chops on a rack, they didn't really brown and were still a bit soggy. I couldn't bake them longer because they were already on the way to overcooked. I think the oven temperature needs to be higher than 350 in order to brown them properly. I served these with Recipe #4842 and Recipe #84440.
My family loved these pork chops. I have a bunch of picky eaters to please and everyone cleaned their plates. It was a nice change from our usual grilled pork chops. I pounded the chops because they were pretty thick and they turned out so tender and juicy. Thanks for this great recipe!!
a healthier alternative to fried pork chops