Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These spicy and moist pork chops are made with no added fat, egg whites, evaporated skim milk, and a lively herb mixture.
- 6 lean center-cut pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed into crumbs
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Trim all fat from chops.
- Beat egg white with evaporated skim milk. Place chops in milk mixture and let stand for 5 minutes, turning chops once.
- Meanwhile, mix together cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs, spices, and salt.
- Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove chops from milk mixture. Coat thoroughly with crumb mixture.
- Place chops in pan and bake in 375°F oven for 20 minutes. Turn chops and bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains.
- Yield: 6 servings - Serving Size: 1 pork chop (approx. 4 ounces).