Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Porkchops are browned and then baked in a sweet/tangy tomato sauce. Serve with rice to enjoy the delicious gravy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350%.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops about 4 minutes per side, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, and Italian seasoning.
- Arrange pork chops in a medium baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, then spread evenly with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover with foil & bake 30-40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
This is a delicious way to make pork chops. So tasty and easy. It was a hit with my family. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
This was a simple and easy recipe for pork chops. Be sure to pour lots of gravy over the pork chops for flavor. Mine baked up in 30 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a nice, sweet sauce that is great over pork chops. I read the recipe wrong and used tomato paste. After opening 1 can, I noticed it said tomato sauce, so I just added 8oz water. Served with Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes and rice.