Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Remember those eggs you planted in the spring?
Make and share this Baked Pork and Big Purple Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb eggplant, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) lb plain yogurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onions and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add the pork and eggplant, fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, crumbled stock cube, beans and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place in a large ovenproof dish.
- Beat together the yogurt, eggs and half the cheese.
- Pour over the meat, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.