1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Remember those eggs you planted in the spring?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb eggplant, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) lb plain yogurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Leave for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse and drain well.
- 4Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onions and garlic for 4 minutes.
- 5Add the pork and eggplant, fry for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the tomatoes, sugar, crumbled stock cube, beans and seasoning.
- 7Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Place in a large ovenproof dish.
- 9Beat together the yogurt, eggs and half the cheese.
- 10Pour over the meat, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pork and Big Purple Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 176.3 mg
- Sodium 427.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes