1/4 Photos of Baked Polenta Carrot Casserole
A greeting from the easter bunny. :) This is a wonderful moist casserole dish with lots of vitamins and flavour. This tasty twist on your ordinary carrot dish is easy and rather quick to prepare as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot combine vegetable broth and milk and bring to a boil. turn off heat, stir in polenta and cook until thickened (abut 3-5 minutes). Set aside to thicken further.
- 2Clean, wash and peel the carrots. Slice lenghtwise.
- 3Heat butter in a skillet and add carrots. Saute for some minutes, then add 5 tbs of water and cook covered on medium heat for another ten minutes until soft. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- 4Add sour cream or yoghurt, sage and half of the cheese to the polenta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour into a casserole dish (about 20X12 cm) and top with the carrots (I used their liquid too since it was full of flavour, but that way the casserole may get a bit soggy).
- 6Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in the preheated oven at 200°C (~400°F) for 20 minutes.
- 7Let stand for about 5 minutes until polenta has set and can be sliced.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Polenta Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 803.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: