A greeting from the easter bunny. :) This is a wonderful moist casserole dish with lots of vitamins and flavour. This tasty twist on your ordinary carrot dish is easy and rather quick to prepare as well.
- In a pot combine vegetable broth and milk and bring to a boil. turn off heat, stir in polenta and cook until thickened (abut 3-5 minutes). Set aside to thicken further.
- Clean, wash and peel the carrots. Slice lenghtwise.
- Heat butter in a skillet and add carrots. Saute for some minutes, then add 5 tbs of water and cook covered on medium heat for another ten minutes until soft. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream or yoghurt, sage and half of the cheese to the polenta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a casserole dish (about 20X12 cm) and top with the carrots (I used their liquid too since it was full of flavour, but that way the casserole may get a bit soggy).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in the preheated oven at 200°C (~400°F) for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes until polenta has set and can be sliced.