Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
From Make the Best of Everything Blog.
Top Review by flower7
These are awesome! I was really surprised how much I enjoyed these in comparison to potato fries. I halved the recipe and definitely did use the cayenne. Baked on parchment for ease of turning and clean up. Wasn't sure what to serve with but turned out plain old ketchup was pretty yummy to dip them in! Thanks for sharing! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]
- 2 plantains (yellow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the Plantains into the shape of fries.
- Spread fries on a baking sheet.
- Brush fries with olive oil.
- Combine salt, garlic powder, ground coriander, and cayenne pepper; Sprinkle mixture on fries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. turning them over about after 10 minutes.