Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The recipe calls for cube steak but you can substitute the steak for boneless skinless chicken breast. Serve with pasta and salad.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish. Dip cube steaks into flour mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a 12in. skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add cube steaks; reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on both sides. 4-6 minutes.
- Place browned cube steaks in a 3qt. baking dish. Top with mushrooms and onions. Spoon pizza sauce over top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake steaks 30 minutes Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella. Continue baking uncovered until steaks are fork-tender and sauce thickens about 30 minutes.
Easy and tasty. I only had round steaks, so I pounded them with a meat mallet before dredging. I also added more veggies to the sauce - red pepper and mushrooms - to ramp up the nutrition.
This is real easy to fix and delicious as well!!!