Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes an EASY flavorful rendition of Mac and Cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix, prepared as directed on package
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove and set aside 1/4°C of the pizza sauce for later use. Combine prepared dinner, 2/3 of the meat, the remaining qizza sauce, egg and seasonings.
- Spoon evently into 9 inch pie plate. Top with the remaining meat and reserved 1/4°C pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 minute. Let stand 5 minute before serving.
Made this recipe as written, & although the result was a very nice tasting mac dish, I'd like to try this another time making the mac-&-cheese part from scratch! I shared half of the 'pie' with a neighbor couple who are always up for this kind of dish & promised that next time I'd even let them have the whole pie! A very nicely jazzed up comfort food! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
A great weekday meal. It is very tasty and ready in no time. I added some cubed onions to the meat as I had half a small onion that needed using and I broiled the cheese before taking the pie out of the oven. Everyone loved it and requested that I make it again. Thank you for posting.