Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Found in an early 90's Food&Wine cookbook; I think my husband will love this one:)
Top Review by alligirl
This pizza dip is great! I forgot to chop my pepperoni, but no matter - I topped it like a pizza. I may have used a little more sauce, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Served with toasted baguette slices, this makes a hearty, filling appy! Thanks for sharing, JamesDean'sGirl!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pepperoni or 1⁄3 cup bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup olive (for "pizza with the works" dip) (optional)
- parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
- soft breadsticks or wedges of prebaked pizza dough or pita bread, triangles or cracker, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat the cream cheese and Italian seasoning until well blended; spread onto the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- Top with 1 cup of the cheese and the pizza sauce; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and desired toppings and Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is thoroughly heated and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.