- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet cook onion, pepper, chili powder and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Stir in pinto beans and salsa.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.