Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Baked Pineapple Stuffing
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup packaged cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 3-1/2 quart crock pot.
- Combine all ingredients; pour into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Good with baked ham.
I made this tonight, scaled down to 1/3 of the recipe. I used pineapple tidbits, pureed in the blender, and baked it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. It was really, really good; but I'm not sure it fit as part of supper, along side a ham steak. As much as I enjoyed it, it tasted more like a snack or dessert than part of supper. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars. I will definitely keep it around but will have to put some thought into crafting a more cohesive meal around it. Maybe next time, I'll reduce the pineapple and sugar by half and see how it goes.
I made this over the weekend and loved it. It was very easy to make and it comes out moist.