Recipe by Linda Lu
I found this zesty recipe in a favourite cooking magazine of mine. A refreshing taste for chicken!
Top Review by I Love Barbershop!
This was very good and it made the house smell wonderful! I made it with a cut up chicken (not just breasts) and tripled the recipe. My family normally doesn't go for combinations of meat and fruit, but they all loved this! The presentation is lovely as well and I would definitely cook this for company.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 2 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable bag combine broth, soya sauce and half of ginger.
- Add chicken.
- Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours turning occasionally.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Set aside 1/2 cup pineapple.
- (refrigerate remaining juice and pineapple for a later use) In a saucepan combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Stir in the pineapple, orange marmalade, lemon juice and remaining ginger.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for a couple minutes until thickened.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken in greased 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Top with pineapple mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes approx or until juices run clear.