Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Although there are many "pineapple chicken" recipes on 'zaar, I came up with another version that I "tweaked" to our liking. This recipe has minimal prep, but requires time to marinate in the refrigerator. The amount of garlic and the sweet red chili sauce give this dish it's zing. Easy to prepare. *Note* "prep time" does not include marinade time.
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce (thai sweet red chili sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, and mix well.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate at least 1 hour (I marinated mine 5 hours).
- Spray a baking dish (or casserole) with cooking spray and add chicken mixture, marinade and all. Stir in the red pepper.
- Cover and bake @ 375* for 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
A nice easy meal and getting the DM to eat a veg was a bonus (the capsicum/pepper). I did make the mistake of cooking uncovered and it was ready in 30 minutes and a little dry (but my mistake). Overall not a bad meal and one that the DM and DS certainly enjoyed but to be honest I thought was o'kay. Thank you SweetPQ?, made for Everyday A Holiday.
I gave this 5 stars, nent time I make this I would thivken the sauce a little. B ut very good.
This was great and easy. I loved the flavor of the chili sauce with the other ingredients. Served over brown rice with stirfried vegetables. Made for PAC Spring 2009