Recipe by buttercup0009
My mother-in-law has made this awesome casserole for Thanksgiving and Easter for the past three years because everyone has loved it so much! I admit, I was skeptical at first when I first saw the dish, but after one bite I was hooked! It tastes almost like a dessert. If you want to try something a little different, I strongly suggest this recipe. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 -7 pieces white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the 1st four ingredients together and pour into a greased baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Break the bread into small squares and drop into the melted butter.
- Stir, being careful not the make the bread mushy, until the bread has soaked up the butter.
- Spread bread evenly over the 1st mixture.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.