Recipe by Marla in California
I found this recipe last year in Allrecipes.com, and thought it sounded interesting. I figured that the ingredients were inexpensive enough that if we didn't like it, it would be no great tragedy. As it turned out, it has become a family favorite. I have taken it to several pot lucks and everyone wants the recipe. It is a good side dish for about any kind of meat.
Top Review by sugarpea
I took this out of the oven at the recommended 30 minutes, because it was bubbly but it was too soon. I suggest you wait until the crackers/cornflakes brown to assure the flour has enough time to fully cook. Mine went back in the oven after a pasty mouthful. After another 15 minutes it was great.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces shedded cheddar cheese
- 25 buttery round crackers, crushed or 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple reserving 4 T juice.
- Combine pineapple, reserved juice, butter, flour, and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish; top with cracker or corn flake crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.