Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I must start by saying, I do NOT like pineapple. However, the first time I had this, I was hooked. I've taken it to several breakfast potlucks and it's always a hit. Great for holiday and church potlucks. I've given this recipe to so many people I've lost count.
- 4 cups soft bread cubes, can be day old bread, french bread, etc
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add milk and eggs to mixture.
- Add pineapple.
- Add bread cubes and mix thoroughly. Don't be too rough or bread will start falling apart.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
I made this for New Year's Brunch making it gluten free by using g/f bread. It was served as a side dish and after brunch as a dessert dish alone with pies. Thanks for the recipe.
I served this with ham for Christmas Day dinner. Everyone loved it, especially the men. It's also great leftover. My family wanted a pineapple dish that had no cheese in it. Finally, I've found that recipe. Thanks so much for posting.
I had this for the first time this Easter with ham and it was delicious! We loved it so much we fought over the leftovers the next morning at breakfast!