Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fine -n- fancy meal for the family or friends or holidays, and it doesn't have to cost you an arm-n-a-leg either! Just a bit of patience and attention-to-detail--and you'll be reaping compliments from the other diners!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (18x14)
- 6 chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375; set a cookie sheet out.
- Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- Combine garlic butter ingredients; set aside.
- Place ONE sheet of phyllo (short edge toward me) on work surface; brush with 2 tsp garlic butter; place one more phyllo sheet on top of this one, THEN place breast piece on lower third of phyllo sheets, sprinkle with S & P, then spread with 3 T. filling.
- Fold phyllo end and sides in, then roll up; IMMEDIATELY cover with plastic; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place packets on cookie sheet, brush tops with remaining garlic butter & sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Lots of flavor and surprisingly easy. The chicken was very moist and tender. I thought the flavor was very good, but my family didn't really go for the mayo-onion filling. I think my family would love this recipe if I replaced the filling with a mustard-cheese sauce or some sort of tomato sauce with zucchini and mushrooms instead of onions. It gives me a lot of ideas. Thanks for sharing.
This was fairly simple to make. MY hubby and Daughter LOVED IT! It gave me a crispy outside with a tasty chicken middle. I will make this in the future. I will say this, my first one was "special" looking from the other, but it still tasted wonderful! Thanks Debber