1/9 Photos of Baked Pesto Tomatoes
Desperate to find yet another way to use all the tomatoes from 4 plants, I found this in The Big Book of Casseroles. I used prepared pesto, but if you make your own, it is that much better. Had SO many, I shared with the neighbors, and even the young ones liked it. I used about 20 plum tomatoes and increased the remaining ingredients to match.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain tomatoes, cut side down on paper towels for 10 minutes.
- 2Place cut sides up in 8x8 baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4In a small bowl, combine pesto, cheese, onions, and parsley.
- 5Spread each tomato half equally with mixture.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered until tomatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
- 7Do not overcook, as tomatoes will get mushy.
- 8Leftovers reheat nicely.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pesto Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g