Recipe by Tish
Fast easy meal to put together with prepackaged pesto!
Top Review by anlunashe
This is the second thing I've ever cooked and it was a hit! I wasn't too sure about it, but I love pesto, and wanted to try my hand at baking, so it seemed like a good recipe.
If you're a beginner, or just want something tasty and easy to cook, you should definitely give this a go! I'm a very picky eater and nervous (novice) chef, and everything about this was great!
I did have to cut the cooking time in half, but the chicken breasts I used were sliced very thin. I'm glad I erred on the side of caution and checked after ten minutes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.