Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
If you have pre-diabetes/diabetes or try to keep your blood sugar levels low in order to lose fat/weight, please use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes because sweet potatoes can help stabilize blood sugar levels and lower insulin resistance. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 3 medium potatoes (or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, half & half or 1 tablespoon vegan creamer
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, for spraying the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1-inch chunks. Cook in salted boiling water until tender but not mushy. (If you have a pressure cooker, you can also cook unpeeled whole potatoes for 10 minutes under pressure and let the pressure drop naturally. Peel and cut into chunks.).
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté onion and mushrooms slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C degrees.
- Spray oil in an 8 x 8-inch square pan. Place potatoes on the bottom of the pan and add sautéed onion and mushroom slices on top of the potatoes. Spread pesto evenly on top.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream, salt and pepper and mix. Pour into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the surface is lightly browned.
- Infuse love and serve!