Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mixed up some of my favorite ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups ragu parmesan & romano pasta sauce
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked (or more to your liking)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 13 1⁄4 ounces barilla whole grain penne
- 3 tablespoons fat free grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Cook pasta to al dente. Strain completely. In frying pan after adding butter, combine shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli and seasonings. Mix well and let broccoli and shrimp thaw if they aren't already. Add pasta to big mixing bowl with sauce. Stir. Add the ingredients from the frying pan, and one tbsp grated parmesan. Stir until mixed all the way. On a 9x12 baking pan greased, spread half of the mixture on the pan. Put approximately 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese on top. Then laying remaining half of penne mixture on top of the cheese. Put in oven for 20 minutes on 375. After 20 minutes, put the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Put back in oven for approx 5-7 min letting last layer of cheese melt.
Made this for PAC. I agree with author these are some of my favorites as well. I followed the recipe exactly except substituting regular penne for wheat as that's what was on hand. This restaurant quality recipe was absolutely divine!!! It is definitely a keeper!