Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple, no-nonsense casserole.
Make and share this Baked Penne With Ham, Peas, and Jack Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- In a big pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 3-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; add in onion and tomato; stir for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the top and continue to stir for about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking rapidly until the sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper; add 1 cup cheese, and stir until it melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cheese sauce, peas, and ham to the pasta; toss until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole; sprinkle remaining cheese over the top; bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
This was so creamy and delicious! I added 2 T stone ground mustard, yum!
This was very good. It is cold here in Kansas and this was nice comfort food for us! I added a little garlic and mustard powder to the sauce for extra flavor. We will definatley be having this again! Thanks! :)