Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Something similar to lasagna but I mix it up a bit
- 100 g penne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200 g ground beef
- 5 tomatoes, grind and separate it from the seed and the skin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 100 ml water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 200 g parmesan cheese
- Penne: Boil 1,000 ml water, salt and oil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add ground meat. Cook until it's done.
- Add tomato juice, tomato sauce, salt, black pepper. Stir and cook until it's thick.
- Add oregano, basil and penne. Stir well.
- Put penne in a baking pan.
- Cheese Sauce: Put the ricotta cheese in a bowl, add the fresh grated nutmeg.
- Add the egg and the parsley. Mix these ingredients together with a spoon.
- Spread the sauce on top the penne and add mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 F (177 C) for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese. Allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.