Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Appetit, January 2003.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml penne pasta
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets, 1-inch pieces
- 473.18 ml purchased marinara sauce
- 236.59 ml coarsely grated lowfat mozzarella cheese, packed
- 118.29 ml low-fat ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Stir oil and garlic in small skillet over medium heat 1 minute; set aside.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 11 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Mix marinara, 1/2 cup mozzarella, ricotta, basil, 1 tablespoon Parmesan, and sautéed garlic in large bowl.
- Add pasta and broccoli; toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake pasta uncovered until cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
I have not tried this yet, but I know I would never add marinara to this - I think it would be delicious without it.
This had a delicious flavor, just the perfect amount of ricotta and the broccoli was wonderful in it. I do feel like both the pasta and broccoli were a bit overcooked. I think next time I would leave very al dente before baking.
In school I was always told that I didn't follow instructions well so I thought that I would continue with that pattern and use rotini instead of penne! My grocery store was out of fresh basil so I replaced it with 1 tablespoon of dried basil and used basil/tomato marinara sauce. We all really enjoyed this dish and it was very quick and easy to make. Delish!!! Made for Went to the Market tag. Thanks lazyme!! :)