Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Copied from local paper
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups French-fried onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Cut sausage into 1/4* slices and brown in skillet; drain.
- Combine soup and milk m 3-qt casserole.
- Stir m pasta, sausage. 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French Fried Onions and peas.
- Bake 45 minutes covered tightly with foil.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 3 minutes until golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
My family enjaoyed this very much.I found it to be quick and easy to put together for a last minute meal. I used multi grain penne and cooked coverd 10 extra minutes and it was tender.Thanks for posting we will make this again.
My girlfriend brought this over for dinner last night and wow...total comfort food! She got it from a Costco cookbook. I loved it so much that I was going to post it today...but you beat me to it! It's a wonderful casserole and I can't wait to make it myself. I think you could sub tuna or chicken for the sausage if you so desired. Thanks for posting!
This was good but just not a "WOW" recipe and wasn't a big hit at my house. I do agree with the previous rater that the soup/milk amounts are right on. It wasn't soupy at all; in fact, nearly all of the liquid was absorbed by the penne.