Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so yummy with A LOT of shredded cheese on top. I'm the "add a dash of this or that" kind of cook, so the measurements on the spices are VERY approximate. You can also add more or less mushrooms to your liking. This is my favorite dish at the moment to make and eat!
- 170.09 g dry penne rigate
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 236.59-473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 149.68 g ground beef
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 0.25 ml dried thyme
- 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g garden style spaghetti sauce
- 473.18-709.77 ml mozzarella cheese or 473.18-709.77 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook penne according to package directions until almost cooked. Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil, then add onion, garlic and mushrooms; stir fry until onion is translucent. Remove to a plate.
- Crumble beef in skillet; add basil, thyme, parsley, black pepper and oregano. Cook through; drain.
- Add onion mixture and spaghetti sauce to beef; cook on low, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minute Stir in penne.
- Put mixture in a shallow dish (13x9x2)and cover with shredded cheese. Bake for 30-45 minute Let stand 5 minute before serving.
Very good. I add 1 jar of beef gravy 3 tbsp Worcester shire sauce, 1/2 cup parmesan and instead of using jarred sauce use leftover spaghetti sauce. ..very good. Gives it a rich beefy taste.
Thanks for posting jusme. This was very good. Good comfort food and you can't go wrong with baked penne. Added a bit more meat as that is a favorite in my house but otherwise made it exactly. TIP: Be careful to cover the dish with foil when cooking so that the cheese doesn't get hard or tough on top. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Easy, foolproof recipe. I've made it with many variations (precooked sausage instead of beef, adding some veggies, extra garlic, changing the seasoning proportion etc.), and it come out yummy each time.