Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I concocted this recipe to jazz up my usual baked penne dish (which is just penne, cheese, & sauce). This takes it to a new level without adding much work....and it's delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach and saute, turning frequently, until spinach is wilted (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to "al dente" directions on box.
- While pasta is cooking, put spinach in a food processor and pulse to finely chop (you can chop by hand if you want).
- In a large bowl mix the cheeses, spinach, sauce, and tomatoes.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain and add to the cheese mixture.
- Put pasta mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 10 minutes.