Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from meals.com. It is extremely affordable, quick and tasty. I find you really need the wine for the flavour. Great for leftovers or to freeze.
- 1 lb dry penne pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons beef flavor instant bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 cups your favorite cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in tomato paste, water, milk, wine, bouillon and Italian herb seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- LAYER ingredients as follows in 13 x 9-inch baking dish: half of pasta, half of sauce and half of cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.