CC & G's Note:
This recipe is from meals.com. It is extremely affordable, quick and tasty. I find you really need the wine for the flavour. Great for leftovers or to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry penne pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons beef flavor instant bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 cups your favorite cheese
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 2COMBINE beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in tomato paste, water, milk, wine, bouillon and Italian herb seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 3LAYER ingredients as follows in 13 x 9-inch baking dish: half of pasta, half of sauce and half of cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- 4BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Penne Bolognese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 743.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian herb seasoning