Chef #906696's Note:
Based off Baked Ziti from Allrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add penne pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- 3In a large skillet, brown onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- 4Cook ground beef in onions and garlic about 5 minutes.
- 5Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 7Butter a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- 8Layer as follows: 1/2 of the penne, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining penne, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Penne
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.0
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 1162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: