Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- HEAT oven to 350°F
- BROWN meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella: cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
- SPOON into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover.
- BAKE 20 minute or until heated through, uncovering after 15 minute
- Substitute: Substitute Italian sausage for the ground beef.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 370 calories, 15g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 10g sugars, 22g protein, 20%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 25%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.
For the past week I have been trying new and different recipes from kraft Philadelphia cooking cream. This baked penne is by far the most delicious. My boys were in for second and third helpings.
Keeps these mouth watering recipes coming!!! Thanks!!
We thought the Baked Penne was scumptious! I did change things a bit for my DH. I used twice the amount of beef and halved the pasta. We really enjoyed the meal. I served it with a fresh veggie salad and buttered whole wheat french bread. I will definitely be making this again.
This was very good taste-wise, though I thought it was a bit soupy. I made some minor adjustments according to what I had on hand - red not green pepper, rigatoni instead of penne, and Monterey jack instead of mozzarella. I'm always annoyed by recipes that call for a measured amount of already cooked pasta as I have no idea what it would be uncooked; because it looked like A LOT of sauce, I ended up using 7 oz (uncooked weight) and next time would probably use 8 oz or more. I cooked it uncovered for the full 20 minutes as I didn't see any reason to cover it for such a short time (and it came out perfectly melted and ever-so-slightly browned on top). Would be great with more vegetables mixed in and served with garlic bread (which I didn't have, but will next time I make this!) Thanks!