1 hr 25 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- French bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup, for serving
- 1Combine the brown sugar, butter, and honey in a small saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with the pecans.
- 5Top with half of the bread slices, and scatter the ham on top.
- 6Combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until well mixed.
- 7Dip the remaining bread slices in the egg mixture on one side only.
- 8Place over the ham, dipped side down.
- 9Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread slices.
- 10Combine the sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top.
- 11Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 12Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
- 13Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 14Uncover the French toast and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 15Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 16Cut into 8 servings; serve with warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pecan-Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 203.7 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 15.4 g