- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 -10 slices French bread, cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter large baking dish.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla and spices.
- Place bread in baking dish in a single layer with sides touching.
- Pour egg-milk mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine topping ingredients in a bowl.
- In the morning uncover and spread topping evenly over bread.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes until puffed and golden.