1/1 Photo of Baked Pears with Orange Cinnamon Sauce
The flavours in this dish remind me of Christmas, and for that reason it would be a nice desert around the holidays, but we like it any time of year. It's easily doubled to serve more people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core and halve the pears.
- 2Place them face down in a greased baking dish.
- 3Whisk together the orange juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and water.
- 4Pour over the pears.
- 5Sprinkle over the raisins.
- 6Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake in a 425 F or 220 C oven for 25 minutes.
- 7This is the time needed to bake fairly hard pears, so if yours are soft you may be able to take them out after 10-15 minutes.
- 8Take the dish out of the oven.
- 9Using a spoon, scoop up any juice on the bottom of the pan and drizzle it over the pears.
- 10Sprinkle over the brown sugar.
- 11Turn on the top element of the oven and put the pears back in the oven for a couple minutes until they start to brown on top.
- 12Remove from the oven.
- 13Divide between two bowls and serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pears with Orange Cinnamon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 58.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g